Monday, September 14, 2009

Melissa Frances Guest Artist


I am honored that my work is going to be featured this month on the Melissa Frances blog.
The first project I created was a wreath made out of all of
Melissa Frances Thankful patterned papers.
The supplies you will need are:
1. 12 inch styrofoam wreath base, I found mine at Michaels.
2. hot glue gun and glue
3. staples- a lot!
4. 6-8 sheets of 12 x 12 paper, depending on how full you want your wreath
5. and anything else you want to decorate your wreath with.
What I did was cut all of my paper into 3/4 inch by 3 inch pieces. This took me 2 days or so to cut it all. Once done, I inked all of my edges for a more worn look. I then stapled the pieces end to end, make sure not to make a fold because you want the loop effect. You also can use adhesive to keep the ends together, but that gets kind of expensive considering the amount of adhesive you will need. Stapling them worked better for me and a lot faster! I then start at the top of the wreath and work downward to the middle. Doing sections at a time and stopping to look every so often to make sure it looks right. I adhered the loops to the wreath with hot glue which seems to hold nicely and goes quickly. I'm sure there are other methods, so feel free to do what works best for you. Once you have all of the loops on I usually decorate my wreath with a ribbon which allows for easier hanging once done. I love making these wreaths, they are a lot of work, but the end result is so worth it.
If you have any questions on anything else that I missed, please don't
hesitate to e-mail me: kibeth@hotmail.com
Again, I'm so honored to be a part of the blog this month!!! Thanks for stopping by today!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. love love the wreath!!! any idea how many loops you used? i just think i'm going to HAVE to make one! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea how many loops. A lot! The wreath is a lot of fun to put together once all of the loops are made! Thanks for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete